Our Security Guarantee
Canadian Tire Bank takes your security very seriously. In addition to the efforts we make to protect your information we suggest you take a number of steps to protect yourself, as well. If you ever have any questions about your security online you can always call 1-866-681-CTFS (2837).
- Your Password is Important Information
- Use Anti-Virus Measures and a Firewall
- Use a Supported Browser and Take Advantage of Software Updates
- Be Vigilant When Opening and Responding to Emails
- More Tips to Help Protect Your Security
Don’t disclose your password(s) to anyone or save it on your computer. Choose a password that is unique and memorable but not easy for others to guess (e.g. birthdays, family names or telephone numbers are not good choices; combinations of numbers and characters are better choices). Disable memorized password functions on your browser.
Use of anti-virus software installed on your computer can help protect you against viruses received through email attachments, downloads from the Internet or other sources. Keep your anti-virus software updated to help protect against the constant threat of new viruses. Firewalls filter information your computer can receive from the Internet, and help prevent unauthorized access to or from your computer. Use a firewall to protect your computer from intrusion by hackers.
Software updates help reduce your vulnerability to unauthorized access of your computer and hacker attacks. Use a web browser that supports at least 128-bit encryption to access myCTFS.com. Encryption converts information into a more secure format for transmission. Most browsers come with 128-bit encryption.
Canadian Tire Financial Services Limited and Canadian Tire Bank do not, and will not, send you emails asking you for information or details around your online banking information. Never give out your online banking customer number or password in response to an email.
If you have given us your email address, you may sometimes receive email from us that will inform you about Canadian Tire products or promotions. These emails will never ask you to give us personal information related to online banking.
If you have received an email that appears to be from Canadian Tire asking you for online banking details, please do not click on any links or reply to the email. Call us immediately at 1-866-681-CTFS (2837).
- Always check the website address when logging in to online banking to ensure the address line contains ‘myCTFS.com’.
- Always log-out of online banking.
- We will log you out of online banking automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity on your computer, however, you should always log-out at the end of your banking session.